Let’s chat tips on how to plan for your brand photo shoot. One of the biggest talking points with my clients is what we want to convey in their images. Are they an artist like Nina that wants to show their customers their process of how she gets from blank canvas to gorgeous final art that will be the centerpiece of your room? Do they want to share a bit about themselves and step up to be the face of their brand? Well guess what, I am here to help! Below you will find my 7 tips on how to help you plan for a successful brand photo shoot!
7 tips on how to plan a successful brand photo shoot
• When thinking of ideas think of the day to day items you use in your business. This is a great way to start sourcing and organizing your props. Zahara below is a yoga and spiritual coach and she brought crystals, meditation cards and a few books.
• Outfits & accessories. What do you wear to work?
• What do you wear when you meet with a client or customer?
• Where do you work? Do you want to shoot in your work space, my studio or find a unique space to rent? I love my studio because I can create different “sets” and it is indoors…HELLO air conditioning!!! But, I do have clients that want to shoot in their own space or studio. Some of my clients love renting Air BNB’s for a fun change of scenery and the pick of decor and maybe more space than their own office.
• What will you be using the images for? Website, sales page, business cards, social sites?
Images, details and mood boards oh my!
• Images? What format of images do you need? Landscape, vertical, a hero image with a lot of white space?
• Plan a detailed shot list of images you know you need. I will help you create some other image ideas!
• Create a mood board of ideas, poses, colors and props that inspire you. This helps me a ton when I work with my clients to insure that we are on the same page for their brand visuals
• And last but not least, how many images do you need? Typically my brand shoots are between 25-100 images. 25 images of you sprinkled throughout your social platforms could last you for a good 3-4 months.
Hope this helps you with a few points n how to plan for your brand session! Feel free to check out my most recent brand session with Krystal. Perfectly planned and executed and now she has a good years worth of content!
If you are ready to book your session feel free shoot me an email (Amalie@AmalieOrrangePhotography.com) anytime with questions or to book a free consultation call. Or, book your session now HERE